by pranplezi
Notifications
Clear all

Superstition  

RSS

Tifi_led
(@tifi_led)
August 29, 2019 9:53 PM  

On my first pregnancy I remember there were tons of old wives tales that you can't do or if you do something bad will come your way...

Such as, while pregnant if you have a craving and have an itch , do not scratch otherwise the baby will be born with a birthmark. 

There are certain things you can't eat while pregnant like pineapples,  ou pa k souse zo and other things that are beneficial like kalalou, that the baby will floupppp slide out much easier.

If you walk around with one shoe on, you are calling your parent to the grave.

Piga w passe anba bra on moun sinon ou pap janm grandi.

Swearing by thunder ( tonè boule'm ou kraze'm) you will die by one.

Si yo bale pye'w ou pap janm marye...

Lew wer on gro mouch a verre ou pla main ou grate'w lajan pa lwen... hmmm mpa moun ki kwè nan sipestisyon men 2 sa yo mte kwè ladann anpil lem te Haiti paske depi nou wè on gro mouch konnen motosiklet cam transfer a pa lwen.

There are many more. Can you remember any and do you have faith in any of them?

This topic was modified 12 months ago 3 times by Tifi_led

eztek
(@eztek)
August 30, 2019 8:32 AM  

bunch of craps... The only thing that makes sense is the eating part, but not for the reasons I have been hearing about. Do not eat this, do not eat that, all realted to health.  

Mwen pa janm tande anyen de souse zo a. Ki problem ki genyen siw fe on ti souse lew ansent. What will happen? Never heard of that one...

ReplyQuote
Tifi_led
(@tifi_led)
August 30, 2019 7:05 PM  

Something about " si w souse zo a wap rale mwel tet timoun lan" I really don't know or remember 🤔 🤔 

ReplyQuote
eztek
(@eztek)
August 31, 2019 5:15 PM  

eske sa vle di, during pregnancy sa, ou pat souse tifi for the fear of not rale mwel tet timoun lan ??

ReplyQuote
Tifi_led
(@tifi_led)
August 31, 2019 10:05 PM  

I love my zo. So, of course yes I  did. Nobody can come between me and my ZOs

ReplyQuote
Tifi_led
(@tifi_led)
August 31, 2019 10:06 PM  

I love my zo. So, of course yes I  did. Nobody can come between me and my ZOs

ReplyQuote
Share:

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More